Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Want to get started in the Adult High School Program? Here's a Checklist to make sure you have all you need to begin with ease!
1. Gather all required documentation to attend Forsyth Tech's College and Career Readiness Orientation
* Government issued Picture ID and Social Security Card
* If you are a minor (16 or 17) you must complete minor release and disciplinary disclosure forms Click here for Minor Release Forms
* Official high school transcript in a sealed envelope
2. Pick your days/time to attend Orientation
(Orientation is total of 6 hours - 2 Days 9AM-12PM or 2 Evenings 6PM-9PM)
* Monday & Tuesday or Wednesday & Thursday @ 9:00AM or 6:00PM(There are four “2-day” sessions per week to choose from)
3. Know where you are going to attend the orientation and just show up!
* Orientation is located at the West Campus in room 20(1300 Bolton Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27103)
4. Know what to expect and what is expected at orientation* Be on time, orientation instructors will not allow you to enter if you are late
* Make sure you attend both days
* During the two days you will complete paperwork, take an assessment and speak to a advisor.
* You must score 567 or higher on the placement assessment to qualify to enroll in the Adult High School program so do your best!
* Listen, take notes, follow directions and ask questions
5. A few more important things to know….
When you do qualify to enroll in the Adult High School Program - you will be given a paper with your scores and told to schedule a “Transcript Evaluation” appointment with Susan Towe or Nicki Fusco.
When you do not qualify (your assessment scores are below 567) - you may be placed into Instructor led Basic Skills classes in Math or Reading or a encouraged to attend a “on your own” Basic Skills Computer Lab to study in order to re-take the placement assessment and make a qualifying score.
Important dates to know or Orientation Schedule Changes through December 15, 2015:
No day or evening orientation on the following dates:
· Sept 7-8 (Monday-Tuesday)
· Oct 14-15 (Wednesday-Thursday)
· Nov 11-12 (Wednesday-Thursday)
· Nov 25-26 (Wednesday-Thursday)
Last Orientation for 2015:
· Dec 14-15 (Monday-Tuesday)
Forsyth Tech is closed for Winter Holidays:
· December 23rd through January 3rd
Orientation resumes in 2016:
· Wednesday, January 6, 2016
Feel free to call the Adult High School Office @ (336) 734-7770 for any further information.
Tuesday, July 14, 2015
New State Requirement
Adult High School Students are now required to have a current TABE assessment on file each year they are enrolled in the High School program.
Minimum TABE requirement for Math or Reading is 567 or higher on a D Level assessment.
Any student seeking to re-enroll into the program who has a TABE assessment date before April 1, 2015 MUST take re-take the TABE assessment.
Please contact Susan or Nicki @ 734-7770 to schedule a time to re-take your TABE assessment.